Meet Our Podcast Guest:[Cycle Day 14 – Peri Menopausal] Milina is a mother of three, living in a small coastal town on the east coast of Australia. As a menstrual cycle educator she works with mothers and their preteen daughters, educating and empowering girls to prepare for and embrace their period and help them understand the change their body is about to go through. It’s her mission to teach women, young and old, to understand and trust their bodies, not be ashamed of their periods, and to be comfortable with the changes they are going through, Both through menarche; our first period, and peri-menopause; the final years of bleeding.
.In this episode we chat about:
- Why Milina started Blooming Periods (5:03)
- The importance of teens learning about the cycle from their home (11:34)
- Tips for parents to start talking about periods in their home (13:59)
- How parents can enhance their relationship with their daughter (27:24)
- Ways that parents can help their daughters prepare for their first menstruation (35:40)
- Recommendations for fathers, mothers, and the first-time menstruator to celebrate their period (45:40)
- Three things Milina wish she knew when she started menstruating (54:22)
Connect with our Guest:
Loved Milina’s work, check out her Free Downloadable, 3 steps to a better first period for your daughter.
View this Episode on YouTube:
Thank you so much for tuning in to this episode of The Well Woman Podcast. I’m beyond honoured that you’re here and would be grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, this way together we can inspire, connect and educate even more women.
Let’s connect? Take a screenshot of this episode and share it on Instagram tagging me in with @wellsome_jemalee and the hashtag #WellWomanPodcast – can’t wait to connect.
Until next time beautiful!
Get connected, listen to your body and remember; body confidence all begins with living in tune with your menstrual cycle.