Need a yummy desert that’s, gluten free and dairy free! This raw choc mint slice is so delicious you’ll probably eat it all yourself without sharing. You’ve been warned! WARNING: Below recipe is delish!
Cook Time: 60 minutes (can very depending on quality of processor and doesn’t include nut soaking.)
Equipment needed: Blender/Food Processor, freezer.
Makes: Approx. 12 large squares
2 Cups of Raw Almonds
1 Cup Shredded Coconut
2 heaped Tbs Raw Cacao Powder
1 Tbs of Cacao Nibs
1/2-2/3 cup of rice malt syrup (or alternative sweetener)
Minty Middle Layer:
2 cups of Raw Cashews
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1.3 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Rice Malt Syrup
4-5 drops of Peppermint Essence/Oil
1 drop of Vanilla Bean Extract
1 cup Raw Cashews
1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
1/3 cup Rice Malt Syrup
1/4 cup Raw Cacao Butter
3. Place this in the freezer until hard (only took me about 10 minutes)
4. For the middle layer, place the cashews in the blender and pulse until as smooth as possible! Depending on your blender this could take little time or a bit longer, but its worth the wait!
5. Next melt the coconut oil, then add the remainder of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste for peppermint flavour and add more as desired!
6. Place into the freezer, for me it only took about 20 minutes for the white layer to solidify.
7. Melt your cacao butter on a low heat on the stove, then poor into the blender with the cashews, cacao and rice malt. Blend again and then smooth over the solid white layer. Place into the freezer for approx. 20 minutes for a creamy soft mint layer or 1 hour for a frozen mint layer. (I think it tastes better colder!)
This recipe was created by: Nicola from ‘@nourishingnicola’
Hello lovely people! I’m Nicola from @nourishingnicola! To describe myself in a nutshell, I am a self-confessed food-aholic, with a passion for nourishing my body inside out! I have always loved exercise, from walking my dog, to strenuous gym classes, yoga, dancing, and netball, and with this passion for sport comes a huge appetite! However, I only begun to eat healthily this time last year. Since then I’ve never looked back, and I believe the changes I have made to my diet have made me a healthier and more vibrant person. Aside from food, I’m also a passionate law student, water-polo coach, big sister and world traveller.