Meet Jessica Nazarali
A little over 2 years ago after coming back from an amazing holiday overseas and getting engaged Jess had what she called a mini mid life crisis. She had life made some would say with an amazing fiancé, gorgeous apartment, well paying job, friends, family and the whole nine yards but she still felt something was missing.
Jump forward 2 years and Jessica runs a successful online web store shophealthy.com.au, and is a Health and Wellness Blog coach and mentor. OH… and she’s just released her first recipe book ‘Live Healthy Sweetly’. So come with me and get to know this amazing, passionate young DO’er.
How has having a DO’er attitude influenced your life?
I take action quickly, which (for the most part) has been a positive influence on my life. I figure its better to give something a try and learn from experience instead of hypothesising and guessing what “might” happen and never actually do it.
List 3 things you are love at the moment and can’t get enough of?
1. If you live in Sydney you NEED to checkout Living Lunch Box, they make the best raw lunches and deliver them right to your door.
2. I’m obsessed with Gala Darling and just booked my ticket to Blog Academy for NOVEMBER 2014! I don’t think I have ever booked anything so far in advance, not even my wedding!
3. In November I’m going on a 7-day yoga retreat in Bali with my husband and am really pumped to go and challenge myself. I’ve practiced yoga off and on since I was a child but I’ve only really been getting into it recently.
What are your ‘Top Tips’ for maintaining health and happiness?
Make sure you surround yourself with likeminded people and do what you love every day. If you are in a good place with your work and relationships, it’s so much easier to do what’s best for your body by eating nourishing foods and including movement in your day-to-day life.
How do you stay healthy while travelling?
Research, research, research! I make sure I know the closest grocery stores and healthy cafés and restaurants in the area. I also pack loads of my own sacks and vitamins from my online health food store www.shophealthy.com.au and I make sure I drink tons of purified water.
How do you like to Move and Nourish your body?
I eat a vegan diet and I avoid wheat and products containing refined sugar. I’ve just released an ebook Live Healthy Sweetly which is choc full of 40 + refined sugar free healthy dessert recipes because I could see that was an area people were really struggling with.
The book included recipes from people including Tara Bliss, Adele of Vegie Head, Polly Noble and Belle Gibson. Find out more about it here.
In terms of movement, I love yoga and Pilates.
What’s the story behind your passion and line of work?
I started my blog www.livehealthysimply.com at the end of 2011. It was a hobby blog and a fun side project.
Overtime as my blog become more well-known other people starting asking me if I would help them show them how to start and grow there own blog!
This wasn’t part of “the plan” (well actually I didn’t have a plan) but I thought why not give it ago and I literally haven’t looked back.
I now mentor health and wellness entrepreneurs to help them start and grow their own blog through my 8-week Blog Mentoring Program and live Blog Breakthrough events throughout Australia.
What goals and aspirations do you hold for the future?
To continue to grow the Blog Breakthrough Babes community and to have babies at some point…but I figure I have plenty of time for that 😉
Make sure you check out Jess’s new book! It has amazing recipes that really are sweet and healthy! Check it out here and get cooking!
1. Banana smoothie every morning, I think I actually fall asleep thinking about it
2. Walking, even just for 30 minutes, I try to get a walk in everyday, i love the time to myself and the exercise.
3. Pilates, I have been doing pilates every night for 45 minutes and feel fantastic afterwards I LOVE IT.
Hey Ange, thanks for your comment!
OMG Pilates is amazing, keep doing that and if you get a chance give Yoga a go to 🙂