Hey, I’m Jema!
I’m a Menstrual Cycle expert, qualified Natural Fertility Educator, Ayurvedic Coach and the creator of Wellsome. Over the past decade, I’ve helped guide women in over 30 countries to embrace their monthly cycles and deepen body awareness through personalised coaching, online courses, retreats & workshops.
Your Period is your Super Power!
Hola, Oi, Hallo, Bonjour, Ciao, Salut, Nin Hao, Namaste, Ohayo, Kamusta, Hallå!
How it all began…
If you had of asked me when I left school what I wanted to do with my life, the furthest thing from my mind was – period coach, menstrual cycle educator or natural fertility teacher. Seriously! I was the tom-boy who use to duck tape her boobs flat and only wore a skirt because it was school policy. Now almost 2 decades on and you’re here reading this. (lucky you!)
Like you, I have a cycle story and it’s far been smooth sailing. This journey began when my first period arriving at the age of 15.5, the day before swimming carnival. Not long after this I started the hormonal contraceptive pill and the 12 menstrual years following this are a complete blur. It wasn’t until I came off this very hormonal contraception that I had an awakening. A cyclical awakening.
After 9 months of amenorrhea, a PCOS diagnosis I quickly threw myself into discovering the menstrual cycle. Already ready working as a women’s health coach I immediately became aware of the global lack of both menstrual cycle education and support. Boom, in this very moment my purpose exploded.
Fast forward to today and my training over the past 15 years in Women’s Health, Nutrition, Ayurveda, Ancestral Health, Wellness Coaching, Ayurvedic Psychology and Spirituality, allow me to draw on the tools you need to deepen your cyclical awareness. Knowing how you feel throughout your cycle can dramatically transform your life within weeks. Your Period is your monthly health update, and your cycle is a feedback cycle.
For too long we’ve been taught to live in tune with the males 24 hour body clock – which simply put, does not work for the female body. It’s time to stop, listen and connect!
What my friends wish you knew about me –
– Recently I spent 3 months traveling across the top of Australia with my man. We purchased a 4WD, decked it out and slept in a rooftop tent for 95 days across 17,700km’s. Yep, I’m now officially a roadie. Check out the reels here.
– In 2020 I faced one of the most challenging cycle experiences of my life, pregnancy termination. This re-birthed me in ways I never knew I possible. I recorded this about.
– Daily you’ll find me in my veggie garden, interviewing podcast guests, working with clients or in the ocean.
– My family describe me as; the crazy ass dance queen, who positively lights up a room. She’s powerful, gentle, strong a complete weirdo and unapologetic about her food boundaries.
– I met the love of my life on an online dating app. We’ve been inseparable since. Yes it’s possible!
– Before Wellsome I was a swimwear fashion designer, followed by a professional photographer and then nutritional food science formulator.
– My contraceptive option is: natural contraception and fertility awareness. It changed my life! (I teach this here)
– The most challenging aspect of adapting cyclical living for me was embracing REST during Menstruation.
– After 200+ podcast interviews every time I sit to record a podcast episode, I still get nervous!
– I met the man of my dreams on a dating app, yep I’m totally new age like that.
– My cycles been far from perfect. My previous biggest cycle challenges were acne, delayed ovulation and irregular cycles. I know LOVE the post menstrual feeling as I glide into Inner Spring on Day 6 and the day or two before I bleed again as my energy surges for a final peak before I turn inward.
Inspired by my journey with PCOS and recent pregnancy termination journey, and quest to discover what works best for the female body, my teachings guide you to tap into your own innate inner wisdom to uncover what works best for you.
I know, you’re probably wondering ‘How-on-earth-do-I-do-that-Jema?!’.
The short version? By reconnecting with your body, and learning about the fundamentals of your menstrual cycle—hint, it’s so much more than just your period.
Trust me; once you understand what’s going on physiologically, nutritionally, emotionally and spiritually, you’ll feel empowered by your newfound body awareness.
My coaching style is down-to-earth, real (sometimes sandy feet with salty beach hair) and without the fluff. My teachings are analogy-filled, helping to make the complicated stuff practical, easy and fun!
I’ve unboxed the (often) misunderstood menstrual cycle (hormones, health, body, weight, cravings, moods) and spread it out across a juicy feast of courses and resources that will amplify your daily health, body awareness and vitality.
My training in Women’s Health, Nutrition, Natural Contraception & Natural Fertility, Ayurveda, Ancestral Health, Wellness Coaching, Ayurvedic Psychology and Spirituality, allow me to draw on the tools you need to deepen your presence and level of self-awareness.
Would you love to live more abundantly with a greater connection to yourself?
I created these life-changing resources for you!
Free #LoveYourCycle Download, Printables and How-To Video’s.
Free Menstrual Cycle Tracker
Just starting out or looking to discover more about your own cycle? Start here, with this Free Downloadable Menstrual Cycle Tracker. Supported with how-to video’s to delivered straight to your inbox. Discover the 4 phase of the cycle, how the include the moons in your cycle tracker, plus a daily guide on what you to write on your tracker. Everything you need to establish a daily menstrual cycle tracking habit.
Tune into the Well Woman Podcast for hours of cyclical insights.
The Well Woman Podcast
This podcast was created with menstruators in mind. Answering all those questions you may be too shy to ask your bestie. Well not any more. Tune in weekly for honest, truthful and inspiring conversations with our guests as we break through the taboo topics of periods, poo, sex and sensuality. From orgasims, period sex, femininity, nutritional insights and moon magic.
Discover your cycle in less than a week with my mini course.
5-Day #LoveYourCycle Mini Course
Discover a new cycle knowledge and understanding in under a week with this 5-Day Love Your Cycle Mini Course. A course that was designed to give you a completely new understanding of your cycle, how it works and how you can support your cycle. With daily videos, guides and support eBook you’ll learn how to embrace your flow, take charge of your life and celebrate your period.
Jema Lee is an expert women’s menstrual cycle educator and coach, daytime mermaid and a plant mum devoted to helping women confidently connect and awaken their own intrinsic cyclical nature. Known for her integrity, warmth, no-gimmick analogy-filled approach to un-boxing your health honestly, Jema makes periods FUN! As she guides and supports women from over 30 countries around the world navigate their menstrual cycle through one-on-one coaching virtually, online courses, intimate events and retreats.
With over 16 years' experience in the health industry, Jema’s training in Women’s Health, Natural Fertility Methods and Awareness, Ayurveda, Ayurvedic Psychology, Nutrition, Wellness Coaching and countless short courses has equiped her with the tools that bring her unique approach to coaching on the menstrual cycle to life for menstruators of all ages.
Known for her Well Woman Podcast, a podcast show about poo, periods and sex where she brings to life taboo, awkward and vulnerable conversations. Passionate about rewriting the menstrual story for future menstruators Jema's also the creator of Cyclical, Menstrual Cycle Coaching Certification Course. Daily you'll find her on Instagram and either tripping around with her partner in their rooftop penthouse, mentoring upcoming menstrual cycle coaches or within her signature group coaching membership, the Well Woman Academy. Apply to work with her, here.